Chris found Starting Strength in 2018 when, while working as a personal trainer, he realized he had no idea how to teach someone how to squat. A former college athlete, he had skipped “leg day” for years because he also couldn’t figure out how to squat or deadlift (or lunge, jump, skip, etc.) without hurting his achy knees and low back. Like many before and after him, the blue book would change all of this. Chris was born and raised in Arlington Heights and has lived in Chicago on and off for the past decade. He graduated from Denison University in 2012 and has been involved in coaching people, whether in sports or in the gym, ever since. Chris obtained his Starting Strength Coach Credential in July 2022.
Personal training at Starting Strength Chicago
- Intro sessions to learn the lifts
- One-on-one coaching in a small group format
- Semi-private coaching
Starting Strength Gyms Online Coaching
- Customized programming
- Remote coaching for each of your lifts
- Get stronger or get a full refund
$225/month — No contracts. No fees. Cancel anytime.
Online Coaching Membership Includes:
- TrueCoach Access - Communicate with your coach, access your programming, and upload videos for form checks
- Dedicated Attention - Feedback on your lifts to ensure safe and effective technique
- Individual Programming - Each trainee gets individualized programming to maximize progress
- Nutrition Advice - General nutrition recommendations to help you achieve your goals
- Instructional Videos - To help you perform the lifts in line with the Starting Strength model
- World-Class Coaches - The Starting Strength Coach certification is the most advanced in the industry
- Community - Online trainees are welcome to join Starting Strength Gym member events
- Fair Policies - We don't do what other online coaching services do - no contracts, no hidden fees
Schedule a free phone consultation to discuss your training goals with a member of our Online Coaching team
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
3 Reviews on “Chris Olson, SSC”
For a guy who majored in Spanish in college, Chris is a motivating coach who is patient with his students, especially those who struggle with finding the incentive to lift weights 3x a week.
I have been going to Starting Strength Chicago for 5+ months and Chris had been my primary coach for the first 4+ month. Chris is an excellent coach who takes time to learn about his clients, understands their goals, any physical ailments, and their diet. When it comes to coaching the lifts Chris clearly knows what he is doing and helps to explain the “why” behind what you are doing and the necessary form that is needed. Chris makes the sessions fun, but never easy. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a strength coach.
Chris has been my strength coach for 6+ months and the standard of coaching I’ve received from him is second to none.
He pays a ridiculous amount of attention to the most granular details of each barbell lift and provides immediate feedback to ensure I’m moving the barbell correctly with the right resistance. When things are off, Chris does a great job of course correcting to push me safely and effectively.
On top of his knowledge and professionalism, he makes each session enjoyable and engaging through humor, compassion and conviction.
Chris is committed to helping me do better and I can feel that when working with him. I couldn’t recommend anyone better.