Andrew has a BS in mechanical engineering and purple belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu. He keeps your results in mind at all times and makes sure you and he are working toward your goals. Andrew is easy to talk to and puts you at ease. You shouldn’t feel intimidated trying to better yourself, and gyms can often feel that way. You don’t ever feel like that with him.
From client Nick Hiltner: ”Andrew’s approach to weightlifting reflects his engineering background in that he uses functional movement to treat the body like the machine it is. He knows what you are capable of and knows how to accomplish your goals the right way. Not only that, but his business is immaculately clean and has a friendly atmosphere. I learned more in a one-hour session with Andrew than I had in 15 years of weightlifting. I highly recommend this place.”
Personal training at Starting Strength Indianapolis
- Intro sessions to learn the lifts
- One-on-one coaching in a small group format
- Semi-private coaching
Starting Strength Gyms Online Coaching
- Customized programming
- Remote coaching for each of your lifts
- Get stronger or get a full refund
$225/month — No contracts. No fees. Cancel anytime.
Online Coaching Membership Includes:
- TrueCoach Access - Communicate with your coach, access your programming, and upload videos for form checks
- Dedicated Attention - Feedback on your lifts to ensure safe and effective technique
- Individual Programming - Each trainee gets individualized programming to maximize progress
- Nutrition Advice - General nutrition recommendations to help you achieve your goals
- Instructional Videos - To help you perform the lifts in line with the Starting Strength model
- World-Class Coaches - The Starting Strength Coach certification is the most advanced in the industry
- Community - Online trainees are welcome to join Starting Strength Gym member events
- Fair Policies - We don't do what other online coaching services do - no contracts, no hidden fees
Schedule a free phone consultation to discuss your training goals with a member of our Online Coaching team
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
2 Reviews on “Andrew Lewis SSC, BJJ purple belt”
Since I started working with Andrew, I have noticed a significant improvement in all of my lifts. In the past few months, my form has gotten exceptionally better, and my lifts much stronger. He provides very useful and meaningful critiques when he watches the videos of my lifts. It is quite apparent that his background in mechanical engineering has strengthened his approach to coaching. There is a reason for every method that Andrew uses, and he is more than willing to share those reasons with his clients. I feel that I now have a better understanding of my lifts, which in turn has allowed me to grow more as a powerlifter. I also feel that Andrew listens to my ideas when making my program, and truly tailors my programming so that it works for me. In short, Andrew is an effective and caring coach whom I would recommend to anyone.
I’ve seen significant gains in strength, form, and understanding since working with Andrew. It’s been a great experience and very much worth the investment when I compare my current level to where I would be without the coaching. Andrew with his personal and professional knowledge and direct and supportive manner is enjoyable to work with and drives results.
After 12 months of starting strength, I plateaued and ended up reaching out to Andrew. I would advise anyone who wants to move beyond basics in any pursuit that finding a coach or mentor is key. I live overseas and online coaching worked great.