Inspired by the Starting Strength Model and disappointed by other approaches to strength training, Jacob Thias began training with the coaches at Starting Strength Dallas in June of 2020. His previous athletic experience includes cross country running, soccer, krav maga, and collegiate rugby, the physicality of which taught him the value of strength. After spending half a year as a client at Starting Strength Dallas, Jacob began his coaching internship and education to become a Starting Strength Coach. In July 2022, he earned his SSC. Jacob trains and coaches at Starting Strength Plano where he works with a varied community of clients from masters lifters to college students.
Personal training at Starting Strength Plano
- Intro sessions to learn the lifts
- One-on-one coaching in a small group format
- Semi-private coaching
Starting Strength Gyms Online Coaching
- Customized programming
- Remote coaching for each of your lifts
- Get stronger or get a full refund
$225/month — No contracts. No fees. Cancel anytime.
Online Coaching Membership Includes:
- TrueCoach Access - Communicate with your coach, access your programming, and upload videos for form checks
- Dedicated Attention - Feedback on your lifts to ensure safe and effective technique
- Individual Programming - Each trainee gets individualized programming to maximize progress
- Nutrition Advice - General nutrition recommendations to help you achieve your goals
- Instructional Videos - To help you perform the lifts in line with the Starting Strength model
- World-Class Coaches - The Starting Strength Coach certification is the most advanced in the industry
- Community - Online trainees are welcome to join Starting Strength Gym member events
- Fair Policies - We don't do what other online coaching services do - no contracts, no hidden fees
Schedule a free phone consultation to discuss your training goals with a member of our Online Coaching team
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
2 Reviews on “Jacob Thias, SSC”
Amazing coach! Jacob gives excellent guidance and teaching and is always full of just the right amount of motivation! Really appreciate his focus on getting form just right on every move and his patience with newbies learning a new skill. ⁰
When I began with Starting Strength, my stated goals were to learn how to do the lifts correctly and learn how to progress in the training program. Jacob has done a great job at helping me to accomplish these goals. He is excellent at explaining how the lifts should look and why the proper form works well with the lifts. During the work sets, Jacob uses short and to the point cues to make sure my form is correct. He does not overload me with too many cues or cues that are too long. If a particular cue is not working, or doesn’t make sense, he is quick to try a different one to achieve the desired results. After the work set, we discuss what went right which helps him develop a cue that works better for me. Jacob also is great with making sure that I am achieving the goals of getting stronger by knowing the correct times to change the programming of the lifts. Linear progression works great as a beginner, or when returning from a break. He knows when to change to a different program when that one has run its course. I do have limited mobility in my arm that impacts the form on some of the lifts. Jacob is great at knowing how to modify the lift or my form so I can continue to get stronger.
While working with Jacob, he seems to want to learn how to be a better coach. This is a different mindset than being a good lifter. He has the heart of a teacher, and his passion shows. He visibly, yet subtly, expresses joy when his clients are succeeding. Jacob’s knowledge of weightlifting, along with his love for teaching/coaching, and his overall positive attitude are great encouragement to his clients and is fun to experience on a regular basis.