John Dowdy is a Starting Strength Coach in Boise, Idaho and is the Head Coach at Starting Strength Boise. He has been coaching at Starting Strength Boise since it’s opening where he apprenticed under Paul Horn, SSC before earning the Starting Strength Coach credential himself. John has coached a wide variety of clients from different demographics using the Starting Strength method to help get them stronger.
Personal training at Starting Strength Boise
- Intro sessions to learn the lifts
- One-on-one coaching in a small group format
- Semi-private coaching
Starting Strength Gyms Online Coaching
- Customized programming
- Remote coaching for each of your lifts
- Get stronger or get a full refund
$225/month — No contracts. No fees. Cancel anytime.
Online Coaching Membership Includes:
- TrueCoach Access - Communicate with your coach, access your programming, and upload videos for form checks
- Dedicated Attention - Feedback on your lifts to ensure safe and effective technique
- Individual Programming - Each trainee gets individualized programming to maximize progress
- Nutrition Advice - General nutrition recommendations to help you achieve your goals
- Instructional Videos - To help you perform the lifts in line with the Starting Strength model
- World-Class Coaches - The Starting Strength Coach certification is the most advanced in the industry
- Community - Online trainees are welcome to join Starting Strength Gym member events
- Fair Policies - We don't do what other online coaching services do - no contracts, no hidden fees
Schedule a free phone consultation to discuss your training goals with a member of our Online Coaching team
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Maps failed to load
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
1 Review on “John Dowdy, SSC”
Did online coaching with John for a few months after having already attempted a limier progression and stalled out at a pathetically light squat. John got me straightened out and we added almost 200Lbs to my squat in just a few months. All my other lifts got to PR levels soon as well.
John does a fantastic job, his communication and feedback on lifts is excellent and easy to implement. Overall John did a fantastic job and I know I could not have been nearly as successful getting through my Novice LP without him.