Alex has lived in Chicago all his life. In 2016, he discovered the Starting Strength method and has been applying it ever since. The method had life changing results, adding over 90 pounds of body weight in 2 years. Wanting to help others achieve their goals, he began coaching shortly after that. Alex graduated from the University of Illinois with a B.A. in Philosophy. In May of 2022, he earned his Starting Strength Coach credential. Alex also competes in powerlifting. In his free time, he loves to watch and talk about movies.
Personal training at Starting Strength Chicago
- Intro sessions to learn the lifts
- One-on-one coaching in a small group format
- Semi-private coaching
Starting Strength Gyms Online Coaching
- Customized programming
- Remote coaching for each of your lifts
- Get stronger or get a full refund
$225/month — No contracts. No fees. Cancel anytime.
Online Coaching Membership Includes:
- TrueCoach Access - Communicate with your coach, access your programming, and upload videos for form checks
- Dedicated Attention - Feedback on your lifts to ensure safe and effective technique
- Individual Programming - Each trainee gets individualized programming to maximize progress
- Nutrition Advice - General nutrition recommendations to help you achieve your goals
- Instructional Videos - To help you perform the lifts in line with the Starting Strength model
- World-Class Coaches - The Starting Strength Coach certification is the most advanced in the industry
- Community - Online trainees are welcome to join Starting Strength Gym member events
- Fair Policies - We don't do what other online coaching services do - no contracts, no hidden fees
Schedule a free phone consultation to discuss your training goals with a member of our Online Coaching team
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Maps failed to load
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
3 Reviews on “Alex Ptacek, SSC”
Alex is a great coach. He is very knowledgeable and an excellent instructor. You would be hard pressed to find anyone better.
Alex is fantastic. He has a breadth of experience in coaching, and is able to pinpoint issues and find cues that work for each specific person. His programming is very effective at producing gains in strength while also being manageable long term, and he is great ad adapting it as time goes on. He’s also just a pleasant and interesting guy to hang around at the gym. I highly recommend Alex as a coach.
Alex is best-in-class! Extremely knowledgeable (insanely so) and completely dedicated. I blindly trust his training program. Starting out or seasoned trainee, he’s going to get you to your goals…and beyond.