John Chung has been full-time coach at the Starting Strength Houston gym since 2020. Prior to becoming a coach in barbell strength training, he was an avid athlete and coach for Muay Thai for 15 and 12 years, respectively. In an effort to improve his performance in the ring, he went down the Starting Strength rabbit hole and experienced many dramatic benefits in his athletic performance, injury prevention, and management. John started his SSC apprenticeship in 2020 and was brought up by Josh Wells SSC, Tony Stein SSC, JD Shipley SSC, Nick Delgadillo SSC, and Chase Lindley SSC. John also has a medical background as an EMT and in nursing, which supplements his coaching in regards to injuries and working with a varied demographic.
Online Coaching from Starting Strength Houston
- Customized programming
- Remote coaching for each of your lifts
- Get stronger or get a full refund
$275/month — No contracts. No fees. Cancel anytime.
Online Coaching Membership Includes:
- TrueCoach Access - Communicate with your coach, access your programming, and upload videos for form checks
- Dedicated Attention - Feedback on your lifts to ensure safe and effective technique
- Individual Programming - Each trainee gets individualized programming to maximize progress
- Nutrition Advice - General nutrition recommendations to help you achieve your goals
- Instructional Videos - To help you perform the lifts in line with the Starting Strength model
- World-Class Coaches - The Starting Strength Coach certification is the most advanced in the industry
- Community - Online trainees are welcome to join Starting Strength Gym member events
- Fair Policies - We don't do what other online coaching services do - no contracts, no hidden fees
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.