Shelley earned a BS in Athletic Training and MS in Exercise Physiology from Midwestern State University. Prior to being an SSC, Shelley was a collegiate Athletic Trainer and Ballerina. She applied Starting Strength to various populations in NYC at a Center for Preventative Medicine, then ran a strength training program in North Carolina for 5 years before returning to her home state of Texas. She also led Starting Strength and Olympic Weightlifting camps while on the East Coast. Shelley is now back in her home state of Texas with her husband Josh and their two dogs Loki and Mabel.
Personal training at Starting Strength Houston
- Intro sessions to learn the lifts
- One-on-one coaching in a small group format
- Semi-private coaching
Starting Strength Gyms Online Coaching
- Customized programming
- Remote coaching for each of your lifts
- Get stronger or get a full refund
$225/month — No contracts. No fees. Cancel anytime.
Online Coaching Membership Includes:
- TrueCoach Access - Communicate with your coach, access your programming, and upload videos for form checks
- Dedicated Attention - Feedback on your lifts to ensure safe and effective technique
- Individual Programming - Each trainee gets individualized programming to maximize progress
- Nutrition Advice - General nutrition recommendations to help you achieve your goals
- Instructional Videos - To help you perform the lifts in line with the Starting Strength model
- World-Class Coaches - The Starting Strength Coach certification is the most advanced in the industry
- Community - Online trainees are welcome to join Starting Strength Gym member events
- Fair Policies - We don't do what other online coaching services do - no contracts, no hidden fees
Schedule a free phone consultation to discuss your training goals with a member of our Online Coaching team
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
1 Review on “Shelley Hancock-Wells, SSC”
I had Shelley as an online coach from October 2021 to May 2022. My goal was to learn how to perform the slow lifts in accordance with the SS model and later on we also went on to work on the olympic lifts. I also wanted to get stronger but didn’t really have high expectations since I allready had been training both weightlifting and a little powerlifting for about 6 years before hand. I’m a 48 y/o women (going through menopause) so I assumed that any lowhanging strength gains, in connection with the novice phase, had allready been harvested – so nice to be wrong.
Shelley is a brilliant coach, a really rare gem and I am so happy about all the things she taught me. She sees everything and my technique improved greatly under her watchfull eye. Shelleys programming was a bit of an eyeopener. I realized that I had gotten used to training too hard, I allways feelt sore and I had these little injuries that wouldn’t quite heal. She keept me injury free and the back pain I had struggled with for years eventually just dissapeared. Also, forgot to mention, she took my deadlift PR from 260 pounds to 287 pounds in 7 months. I’d recommend Shelley to any serious person who wants to get stronger and become a better lifter.